It most likely comes as no shock that your cellphone comes with its personal dictionary programmed within it — how else wouldn’t it at all times know to right phrases that you’ve got spelled fallacious, or give you contextual recommendations for what you would possibly say?
What you might not have identified, nonetheless, is which you could really add and take away phrases out of your dictionary on an Android cellphone. That is nice if you’re continually irritated by phrases your cellphone thinks you are misspelling — for instance, in case your buddy spells their identify in an uncommon means.
It is also very helpful in that it lets you create shortcuts for longer phrases that you simply use continuously, resembling your e mail tackle.
Easy methods to add phrases to your Android’s inside dictionary
1. Open the Settings app in your Android.
2. Scroll down till you may faucet “System.”
3. From the System menu, go to “Languages & enter.”
4. On the backside of the menu, faucet the arrow subsequent to “Superior” to open the Superior Settings menu.
5. Underneath “Instruments,” faucet “Private dictionary.”
6. So as to add a phrase to your private dictionary when it opens, faucet the plus “+” button within the higher proper nook.
7. Sort the brand new phrase you need your cellphone to acknowledge within the high line supplied.
Non-compulsory: Sort the shortcut that you really want your cellphone to acknowledge for this phrase within the line beneath. If you do that, everytime you sort the shortcut after which hit area, it’ll robotically right to the longer phrase.
If you end up completed, faucet the again button — the phrase will robotically save.
8. When you ever wish to delete a phrase out of your private dictionary, merely choose it from the menu of present phrases, then faucet the rubbish bin icon within the high proper nook.
Insider Inc. receives a fee while you purchase by our hyperlinks.
Supply from www.businessinsider.com