Google’s name recording function is a useful perk for Android customers, but it surely’s solely obtainable on some units. There are third-party apps that may do the identical factor, however lots of them require root entry to your telephone. Fortunately, in case your telephone runs Android 11, the OS’s built-in display recorder can document telephone calls with no root or additional apps required.
There are some caveats to notice about Android 11’s display recorder, nonetheless. First, the built-in display recorder captures audio out of your telephone’s microphone, which means you’ll have to make the calls over speakerphone with the quantity turned up. That additionally means ambient noise may have an effect on your recording, so ensure you’re in a quiet place. Google’s Telephone app data a name’s inner audio which can sound a lot better than the speakerphone audio, so solely use Android 11’s display recorder when you don’t have entry to Google’s Telephone app or its name recording function.
On the plus aspect, you would use Android’s display recording function to document video calls (or actually anything) so long as the app you’re utilizing permits it.
Additionally of be aware: It’s doubtlessly unlawful to seize telephone name audio with the display recorder, however we’ll get to that later.
To make use of Android 11’s display recorder throughout a name, you’ll want so as to add Display screen Document to your telephone’s fast motion menu first.
- From any display swipe right down to open the notification menu, then swipe down once more to indicate the fast motion menu.
- Faucet the pencil icon, then scroll by way of the shortcut icons till you see “Display screen Document.”
- Maintain and drag “Display screen Document” so as to add it to your fast motion tiles.
As soon as the shortcut is in place, right here’s the way to document a name:
- Swipe down twice to entry the fast motion menu, then faucet “Display screen Document.” (You possibly can provoke a display recording earlier than or throughout a name.)
- Allow “Document Audio” then faucet “Begin.” The recording will begin after a brief three-second countdown.
- Change the decision to speakerphone so the opposite individual’s audio is captured.
- Swipe down twice and switch off “Display screen Document” if you’re completed.
- You’ll find all display seize movies in your gadget’s video or pictures folder, or within the Google Photographs app.
How one can legally document telephone calls with Android 11’s display document
One other notable distinction between Google’s name recording app and Android 11’s display document operate is that the Telephone app alerts the opposite individual that the decision is being recorded, however Android’s display seize doesn’t. This the place issues get doubtlessly unlawful.
It’s towards the regulation in lots of U.S. states to document voice and video calls with out the opposite celebration’s consent. When you use Android 11 to document your telephone calls with out telling the opposite individual, you’re breaking the regulation. The most secure method to do that is overtly state that you simply’re recording the decision and get specific verbal consent from that individual in the course of the recording. Check with this submit by Rev.com for additional data on legally recording telephone calls.
Supply from lifehacker.com